Email 691: On Oral Sex

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:36 AM

Hi Pozzie,

Please make my email confidential and private. I am paranoid and I almost fainted in the MRT due to several things that I had in mind. I had sex with a guy two weeks ago. We did not do anal, just oral. What drives me crazy is that I had a "singaw" or sore in my lower lips, I did not swallow, in short, he did not come into my mouth. 

I am just worried that I might get infected but I learned from your entry http://pozziepinoy.blogspot.com/2013/07/email-402-about-kissing.html that it has a low risk of getting infected. Also, I am not a sexually active. I had only sex (mostly orals) with four different men. But I still plan to take the test. I am nervous.

Thank you.
@D


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi @D.

Thank you for your email.

Oral sex is indeed low risk but the risk gets greater if one has open wounds or mouth sores during the contact. However, it is still best to get tested to calm down one's nerves and answer all concerns.

Thank you for reading the blog, by the way.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: