Email 687: Wants to Gain Weight

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:12 AM

Hi pozzle..  

I was diagnosed  with hiv I just want to ask what is best way to gain weight.  I'm taking arv now and I'm adjusting to it. Although the efavirenz is driving me crazy lol..  Best way to gain wait is my main goal now coz I have a healthy lifestyle nmn.  Thnx.  

God bless you.  You're such an inspiration to many.

Mr.  Roaches


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Mr. Roaches.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog.

Gaining weight is a common problem with HIV. Since one has a virus, the metabolism rate goes faster. Here are some tips that my fitness trainer told me before:

1. Eat more than your metabolic rate. If you want to gain weight, add one or two more meals to your regular daily meals.
2. Exercise is a good appetite stimulant. Although it will also increase your metabolism, still increase your intake of food.
3. Gain mass than fat. Have a balanced diet all the time. Don't eat too much fatty foods. Don't eat too much protein too as the ARV's already are very taxing to your liver and kidneys.
4. Don't take supplements unless approved by your HIV doctor.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: