PLHIV Story: Acceptance, Courage and Faith

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:47 PM


Hi Pozziepinoy, thank you sa blog mo kasi napakalaking tulong sa mga PLHIV at saka dun sa mga curious. Napaka daming topic na nakaka enlighten. If I'm not mistaken you had an interview for TV5's Positive (primer). Anyway po, I'm 28 years old, diagnosed with hiv last Sept. 20, 2013. I have a partner for 5 years. I just want to share yung mga naramdaman ko, mga symptoms na nagmanifest until ma diagnose ako. August 2012, nakakaramdam na ako ng Malaise, though hindi ako nilalagnat or anything unsual that time. October 2013, nagkaroon ako ng herpes zoster, gumaling naman din after 2 weeks. I'm not  a party goer, i drink occasionally and not a smoker, pero madalas puyat because the line of work. 

Until April 2013, I had a tubercolosis. Napapadalas yung night sweats ko. August 2013, nakakaramdam na ako ng shortness of breath i thought sa dahil sa tb. After one month lumalala pa sya until i- admit na ako sa Medical City. Emergency room pa lang the attending physician ask me if i had an hiv test before, hindi ako kinabahan, i just ageed to do the test asap. That very hour tinawag ko agad yung buong family ko, i brief them about my current situation and what to expect. walang nalungkot sa amin, we just prayed altogether and pina sa diyos na lang namin ang lahat. I was diagnosed with PCP and another series of herpes zoster, after 5 days I was discharged from the hospital and continue my medications. The initial test is positive, I immediately inform my partner and my family about it, good thing that in our family were open.They've been very supportive. October 22nd, western blot confirmed me and on that day I was cleared with my tubercolosis and my rashes because of herpes zoster already dried. My mom accompanied me to get my arv's. Tomorrow, October 30,2013 i will be starting my arv's with cd4 count of 30, weight of 45kgs. 

Kaya ko gusto i share yung story ko para lahat tayo maging aware and how important to have a strong support group such as our family. People should learn the real definition of the word "ACCEPTANCE"  "COURAGE" and "FAITH". 

thank pozziepinoy i will update you on my numbers and health status.










"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: