Email 698: Anxious!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:04 AM

Hi pozziepinoy!

I just want to commend you for having such a very informative blog. I have read every single message you have posted and i praise you for your courage and your willingness to reach out. I just want to share my story and i want to ask a few questions, i hope you can help me on this.



I had unprotected sex with a friend 3 months ago, (single incident only). Although he did not come inside (withdrawal) but as per research, even precum can still transmit hiv. After that incident, i have been thinking that he might be infected since i dont know his hiv status. I had anxiety attacks and experienced severe anxiety because of this. Then one day, i had diarrhea, but accdg to a friend it was not really a diarrhea since i only get to the bathroom once a day upon waking up, it was soft but it was not always watery, maybe because my stomach is upset everytime i think that i might be infected. After 10 weeks, i have my friend tested and it turned out NON-REACTIVE, I was a little bit relieved knowing that since accdg to him he had no sexual activity for 2 months prior to ours. But the worst thing I still cant get hiv out of my mind. Im planning ro get tested this week to calm my nerves. Ps. My last sexual encounter was 3 months prior to this and my previous partner was also hiv negative.

I just want to ask if i have the possibility of having hiv based on that single incident only?

Thank you in advance and im praying for your health. May God bless you. Sorry for a very long letter!


Blacksheep


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Blacksheep.

Thank you for your email and for sharing your experience. Thank you for the kind words about the blog. It really inspires me to write when I read these words of gratitude.

Now, going back to your concern, yes, there is a possibility that you can get HIV even on a single incident only of unprotected sex. Forget about the symptoms as HIV has non specific symptoms in the first place. What is important now is what you plan to do.

You know from all my blog posts that there is no other way to know if one has HIV or not is by taking the HIV test. Don't think anymore because the more anxious you become, the more scared you will be in taking the test either because you feel guilty about what you did or you are scared to know the truth. If you are care for your self, please take the HIV test now.

Here are the list of the HIV Testing Centers in the Philippines:


If you are scared or embarrassed to go to any HIV Testing Facility, you can call Marky, our Care Manager and have you assisted. Click this link below to know the details:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: