Email 673: More Questions

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:46 AM

Hey Pozzie,

Thanks for the reply on my previous query - things are getting clearer now. And here I go again asking new set of curious questions. Hope you don't  
mind.

1. If an HIV patient, get hospitalized for some reason and there is blood works that needs to be done. Will they automatically detect the HIV? Hows the treatment for a people like us?

2. I wanted to go to a dentist because my tooth has been killing me but am scared because am HIV+, do I need to tell the dentist? Am afraid how would they react.

I have been restless of these fears and hope I can get some assurance.

Again, Thanks big time.

xYx


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi xYx.

Thank you for your email again.

Let me answer your questions again.

1. When a PLHIV gets hospitalised, any blood work except the HIV test only can detect the HIV. However, it is best that you tell your doctor in the hospital that you have HIV so if in case you are already taking ARV's, the new medicines that will be prescribed won't interact with them.

2. You have to tell your dentist or any doctor for that matter. If you are scared to tell your dentist, I can refer you to one who is not sensitive to PLHIV's.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: