Email 701: Being Referred to San Lazaro Hospital

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:22 AM

Good Day!

Manghingi sana ako ng advice and tulong na rin regarding sa sitwasyon ko ngayun. By the way, I came from Davao City and I have been taking the ARV's for a year now. Ngayon bumalik na ako sa trabaho ko dito sa Pampanga. Ngayon paubos na ang aking mga gamot..ang clinic sa davao city nagbibigay na sa akin ng referral sa San Lazaro Hospital. Ang tanong ko kahit anong araw ba tumatanggap sila ng kagaya ko? Is there a designated day kung kelan ang punta dun I am already worried baka maubusan na ako ng gamot. Hingi sana ako ng advise kung anu-ano ba ang aking mga gawin prior to mabigyan ako ng mga gamot.

Salamat  po and God Bless!


TRANSLATION

Good day!

I would like to ask for advice and help regarding my situation now. By the way I came from Davao City and I have been taking ARV's for a year now. Now, I came back to work here in Pampanga. My ARV's are starting to run out. The clinic in Davao City gave me a referral to San Lazaro Hospital. My question is what days do they accept clients like me? Is there a designated day as to when I can go because I am so worried that I would run out of ARV's. I would like to seek for advice on what the are things that I need to do so I can be given ARV's.

Thanks and God Bless.

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

Since I am not familiar with the protocol in San Lazaro Hospital H4, I called the department and I asked in your behalf. The staff there said that you if are coming from a different hub and you need ARV's, you need to come any working day and present:

1. Confirmatory test result
2. Referral letter from your hub (and ARV referral)
3. Transfer letter from your hub
4. Other Medical documents (CD4 test result, previous labs etc.)

I know for a fact that other hubs can't dispense ARV's unless you are enrolled in their hubs so basically you will be considered as a new patient.

To verify, I also called RITM-ARG in Alabang and they also has the same policy.

My advice to you is for you to go to SLH ASAP since you are already running low on ARV's. You will also be seen by a doctor there before they give you your ARV's.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: