My HIV Test Experience: Face Our Fears

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:21 PM


Good Day!!!!!

It's been 1 month that I feel stressed and can't sleep well of thinking that I am Hiv positive. I do experience the signs and symptoms for HIV but not all. After watching the news that it was spreading now here in our Country, I want to take the HIV test but I feel afraid to face it. While at office, I'm thinking if I'm positive, what would I do? I'm not happy while working because of this.

I searched the net and I found the blog of pozziepinoy and I read all their testimonials with encouragement and fear. Last Wednesday, I decided to disclose to my closest friend here in office that I think I am positive. She told me that who cares if your positive, it's not the end of the world. You can lived longer because I knew someone who is HIV positive and she was now 63 years old as long as you take the right medication. And you are still my friend and nothing changes at all but your dream going to abroad will change, she added. With her encouragement, I decided to take the HIV test for Sunday, October 6, 2013. I immediately texted pozzie if someone could accompany me going to RITM Malate. After an hour, Pozzie replied that he will endorse me to Marky, his care assistant at  Project Red Ribbon.


October 5, 2013 night, before going to sleep, I prayed to God that whatever the result would be, I will accepted it wholeheartedly but I asked God to bless my HIV test for tomorrow and give me a second chance to correct all may negligence when it comes to sex. I can't sleep well almost thinking the HIv test for tomorrow but I prayed to God to bless me and give me a second chance.

On my way going to RITM Malate, I was so nervous and still praying to God for his blessing. I got the wrong direction but luckily Prime, a care assistant/volunteer texted me if I will be going to take the test today and I told him YES. And we met at Remedios Street and we chat a little while going to the clinic. After a few minutes, we went at the clinic then the nurse staff gave me a form and she instructed me. Upon writing all the information there, I feel nervous, and my hands are shaking then I gave it to the nurse. One by one called for their counseling and my turn comes. At the counseling room, he discussed about HIV more and I learned so much from it. He asked me if I’m positive, what will I do? I replied to Him that crying is normal and be sad but I should accept it at the end of the day because I need to overcome that and it’s not the end of the world and I know God will be there for me, I said while some tears are falling from my eyes. After counseling, a Medtech girl got my blood sample and I feel nervous but she was so nice. She told me that I will be back for about 1-2 hours for the result.

Prime and I went to ministop to eat. We chatted a little more about the counseling. After 25 minutes, we went back to the clinic for the result. One by one called for the post counseling result. This is it it’s my turn. The results are sealed and then Claude, my counselor opened it and the I was NEGATIVE for HIV and HEPA B but reactive to Syphillis. I almost cried when I knew that I was HIV negative. I’m so thankful to God and I couldn’t expressed how my gratefulness to Him.

I’m so Thankful so much to Prime for the time he devoted accompanying me for the test and buying penicillin for the syphilis.

Thanks also to the staff there for being friendly, warm and accommodating.

Guys if you think you are at risk, don’t be afraid, just take a test and ask the blessing of the Lord always. Life must go on even if you are positive. We should face our fears. Hope I was able to inspire you guys..









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: