Email 720: Wants to Settle Down in The Philippines

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:23 PM

Hello,

I have been hiv + for 9 years. I am on meds and doing just fine. I will be retiring from the military very soon and my girl friend and I would like to get married and live in the Philippines, well she is all ready there, (she's Filipino). I will have my own health insurance and all that stuff, my question is if we are married, CAN I live in the Philippines with her or not? legally that is. Thank you so much for all your help and for all you do for others! 

P.S. I have been to all the government sites and it doesn't really say, only a test is required, so confusing.

Sully


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Sully.

Thank you for your email. I am glad that you found the blog.

Yes you can live here in the Philippines with your future wife. The country is not discriminatory to PLHIV's. You can apply for a dual citizenship if you want to. Usually, if an HIV test is done, you will just be asked who will shoulder your ARV's and your HIV treatment. There are no ARV's for sale here in the local pharmacies but for the meantime present a certification that you will take care of your own ARV's and your treatment.

Let's talk some more when you get here.  You can call me at 0916-286-2066 so we can talk more.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: