Email 672: ARV Side Effects

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:01 PM

Hi, Pozzie Pinoy! 

Just call me Squidmarked. I was diagnosed HIV+ in Feb of this year. My CD4 was 308 thus I started my ARV's already. I'm into 3 months in my regimen which comprises of Lamivudine/Zidodine & Efavirenz which I believe you're taking too. I just wanna ask if you experienced gastric problems - belching, bloating, rumbling - when you were starting on these medications. I informed my doctor about this & she said it will go away eventually. 
Thank you so much. 

Squidmarked

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Squidmarked.

Thank you for your email. 

We have different cocktails though. I'm taking efavirenz, lamivudine and tenofovir. However, with your cocktail, your doctor is right. Those effects are very tolerable so just wait for your body to adjust to them.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: