Email 725: Having Fever on Trial Period

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:18 PM
Good Day!!!

I'm Mike, i would like to ask if you had fever on your first week that you're taking your ART Meds? If not, what are the side effects that you've experience on the ART meds that you're taking?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Mike.

Thank you for your email. 

I had very minimal side effects from the ARV's. On my first day, I had dizziness and vivid dreams, the side effects of efavirenz. The vivid dreams lasted for a few months but they didn't bother me as I liked my "HD Dreams", as they were really crystal clear. After 11 days of taking my ARV's I had body rash which lasted for 3 days only. From then on, there were no significant side effects which meant that my body totally adjusted to my ARV's.

I have assisted a lot of PLHIV's who had fever, nausea and vomiting, rashes and body weakness, during their trial period of ARV's. Usually the HIV doctors would want the PLHIV to observe the side effects and if they continue to become worse and become unmanageable, they are requested to report back to the HIV hub for change of management.

In your case, please observe your fever. If it continues to go higher, please try calling our Care Management for Hubs, Gerald at 0917-899-0473. He can assist you on what to do next.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: