Email 726: Vaccinations Even with Pneumonia

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:27 PM

Hi Pozzie,

I was just diagnosed last Oct 27, 2013. I had my CD4 test last October 29 and it went so low, 46 to be exact. I was advised of the following vaccines

Hepa-B
Influenza
Pneumonia23
PCV13

I'm wondering which vaccine should I have first? I have pneumonia as of now.

And if you know a clinic that I can get this vaccines in a lower price, please let me know.

THANK YOU Pozzie!



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

Since this is a medical concern, I asked Dr. Mark Pasayan, an HIV doctor of RITM-ARG. This is his reply:

"Let's resolve the pneumonia first before we can give the vaccination. Any ongoing infection is a contraindication to giving vaccine. We can give Hepa B, influenza and pneumococcal vaccines regardless of CD4 levels."

For your next concern, you can get your vaccinations in any hospital. Of course it is cheaper in government hospitals. Also, make sure you have a prescription of these vaccinations from your HIV doctor to get the actual dosage. For instance, PLHIV's need a double dose of Hepa-B vaccine.

If you want home service vaccinations, you can contact Ellen Domingo (0916-826-1831). She used to work for RITM-ARG and her vaccination price is very reasonable. When you call her, tell her that Pozziepinoy referred you to her.

But for now, like what Dr. Pasayan said, focus on your pneumonia management first. Once it has been resolved, you can start getting your vaccinations.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: