Email 675: What to Eat?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:34 AM

Hi. 

Im very thankful for all the information that I've been reading in your blog and I could say that it has now become my habit to read the posts since I started just this week.

I was diagnosed HIV+ last September 20 in the LoveYourself Quickie Event and I'm happy to say that I'm learning and loving the new rhythm of my new life. I also plan to give some of my time to make others aware and to help out in the future.

In fact I just started my ARVs today since I don't want to risk myself any further (with a CD4 count of 359) and I'm happy there are no adverse effects (yet), to my relief. The only question I have in mind right now is about the food which I am restricted to consume due to reactions with the meds.

Is there any restriction to what I could eat now that I'm just starting with my ARVs?

Thank you very much. God keep you.

Sincerely,
Red




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading the blog. 

I am proud of you for taking the HIV test. Now you are in control of your health and your life.

Since you are still on the trial period of ARV's or the period wherein you are to observe for the side effects of the ARV's, you have to stay away from food that you are allergic to. Since rash is one of the side effects of ARV's, just try to avoid sea food or too much egg or chicken. Other than that, you can eat anything.

Now for a regular diet post trial period, you can check out these links:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: