Email 231: Concerned OFW from Abu Dhabi

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:50 PM
Dear Pozziepinoy,

Thanks for your inputs and blogs about HIV. Just last Jan. 25, 2013.. I had an unsafe sex (oral) with a prostitute here in Abu Dhabi... after that day I feel guilty, tensed and afraid... After 4 days I had a cough and fever inside till today and all the time I am urinating... 


I had already inform my wife about this issue and she supported me a lot.... I'm afraid to go to HIV testing center here once positive automatically deported.....

By the way I am runner, drinking veg juices, and eating healty food..

I really need your advice as I am so paranoid and downed...


Maraming salamat po (Thank you so much).

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

With regards to your question, it is a fact that oral sex has a very minimal chance of HIV transmission. Unless of course during the sexual act, you have mouth sores or any open wounds wherein the chance of getting it may become higher. 

The encounter just happened almost 2 weeks ago and even if you take an HIV test, it is possible that it may turn out to be non reactive or negative as it is too short for that period for the HIV to replicate. The best time is to to take is 8-12 weeks post exposure as during that time, HIV antibodies may be detected by the HIV test.

Whatever you may be experiencing right now can be anything. While waiting for the time for you to take the test, you can consult a doctor first. Im worried about your fever and urination problem. Maybe you need to consult a nephrologist about it as you may have an infection. Really it could be anything, but like what I said, while waiting, have a consultation first with a doctor.

When the time comes that you need to take the HIV test, you can get it here in the Philippines or in any country outside the middle east just to be safe. It is better to be proactive to calm down your nerves and be focused on your health. This will be your gesture of being responsible to yourself and to your wife.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: