Email 237: Requirements for HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:10 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy

Are there requirements that I need to bring in RITM for me to get tested?
Like a valid ID or something?

Please reply.

Thanks
XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

With regards to your question, I asked Lean Mogol, the Medical Technologist of RITM-Satellite Clinic and he said that you don't need any as long as you are voluntarily disclosing your try identity to them. The HIV Test in the Philippines is a confidential test and you are required to write down your real name and not any pseudoname. If you misrepresent yourself, later on, in case you turn out to be positive, you will have a hard time getting medical treatment and thus will have to redo the test again.

Also, from what I know, you will be required an ID and a letter of consent from a family member if you are underage to take the HIV Test.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Free Digital Photos. net