Email 246: On Taking the HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:15 PM

My last CD4 test was in March '12 and it was administered by an HIV/AIDS hub in Phnom Penh, Cambodia where I used to work.

I'm now back in Manila, but I haven't gone for another CD4 test since that last one.

I have found out about RITM-ARG here on your blog, but the distance from where I live (Novaliches) as well as the window for the procedure (7-8am, Mo-Tu-Th-Fr) has been my concern, that's why I haven't gone yet.



While I haven't gotten around that step, I have been working out this past few months, taking the necessary vitamins, and I have not been intimate with anyone since coming back to the Philippines. In my mind, these are "measures" where I can protect myself.

But I have resolved to go to RITM-ARG on Tuesday, February 19.

I guess I just need to know what to expect when I get there: who to look for, what the procedures are, etc.

Need your advise.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Since you have resolved to go to RITM-ARG in Alabang, just look for Maram Bartolome or Letlet. Tell them that pozziepinoy referred you. 

One question though. Do you have an HIV confirmatory test here in Manila or in the Philippines? The reason why I asked is because you won't be able to get the services of the hubs if you don't have any and the hubs will ask you to do a retake of the HIV test in the country as it is a requirement in all hubs. They definitely won't honor your HIV Test result from Cambodia. In case you had your confirmatory test in the Philippines, just bring the result with you when you go to RITM-ARG in Alabang.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: