Email 240: Questions about PhilHealth

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:47 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I have been reading your blog ever since I got tested and I am learning a lot. Thank you for empowering me and letting me know that life is still worth living, much more now actually, now that I am given this second life. You are right, this is a second chance at life so I will make it worthwhile.




I have a question regarding PhilHealth contributions. I will be starting my ARVs in two weeks. I am very concerned about the confidentiality of my condition. I heared that when you choose to have the CF1 signed by you company, they might know your HIV condition by being interrogative as to the reason for making them sign it. I understand that I am protected by the law and I will not get terminated just because of my condition but still once news spreads, especially in the workplace, people will look at you and treat you differently.

Pozziepinoy I hope you can help me. As soon as I can I want to start enrolling to voluntary/individual contribution and just submit my proof of payment to my treatment hub. How do I go about it and how much will I spend? Do I have to go to PhilHealth every month to pay and present my proof of contribution to my treatment hub each month I do so?

I was diagnosed just last week and I am glad I got tested because I was getting suspicious about my health condition for the past year. I just hope that my people at work do not suspect the same thing although people who are more knowledgeable with health and medicine may have their conclusions. I am on leave for a month and I had no choice but to report that I have TB to my bosses because I would just want to file an LOA wishing to go back to work ASAP. One of them suspects that I may have HIV because this was the same situation of my colleague before he resigned. I really don't know what to tell people when they start asking, but that's the least of my concern. I just want to get better. What do you think about my survival chance if I go back working? By the way, I am a call center agent. I may ask or look for a day shift job though but I am concerned about my survival chance if I stay working in the BPO industry. I am seriously thinking of switching to a different career, have you any recommendations?

Sorry, you had to read my long message. I really have a lot of questions and so much to tell. I think I will just send them and any other questions to you that I may still have on another message. I hope you can help me.

Thank you PozziePinoy and I am happy for you being undetectable now. I will follow what you have been doing so I may also become as healthy as you are now.

Best regards,

R13optimistic




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi R13optimistic.


Thank you for your email. I am so glad that you found my blog. Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that somehow the blog has become an instrument in helping other PLHIV's. I am happy that it has somehow empowered you to have a very positive outlook in life despite having HIV.

Now let's go to your questions. Really, the CF1 is posing a problem to most PLHIV's as before they get it from their employer, they are most of the time, scrutinized as to where it is going to be used for. Also, since the ARV refill is every three months, a PLHIV will always go and get the CF1 and once again will encounter the same problem. Like most, the option for this, so as not to cause much trouble, emotionally, is to pay the PhilHealth's individual contribution on top of the contribution to your employer. One doesn't have to pay every month and go to PhilHealth. You can pay the entire year's contribution if you want so that you don't have to frequently go there. The monthly fee for individual contribution is P150, by the way. When you are under the individual contributor's scheme, when you go the hub, you just have to present your receipt of payment.

With regards to your other infection, it is your choice if you want to still work. Always remember that your priority now is your health and the rest becomes secondary. If your family can support you while recuperating from your infection, then take a break from work first. Your CD4 (or immune system) will have a hard time recuperating if you have another infection to deal with. However, if you can't afford to stop, then just be careful in your work place. If you think it is too stressful for you, then plan on having stress management programs. If you think you really can't handle the stress and work load, then that is the time that you can think of switching jobs. For the meantime, think what is best for you and your health.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012