Email 263: "Posithivity"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:45 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy, 

You can just call me +posithivity+.

I had been so anxious of having HIV for over two years and only in January this year I had the courage to take the test. I was accompanied by my ex-partner who has been very supportive. We actually both took the test.



Over 4 years ago, I had this very weird fever which lasted for almost a month. I was working then as a sales rep in a call center in QC. This was after a few contacts with my current partner-then. I took loads of paracetamol and I was even injected with a liquid one administered by the nurse in a clinic accredited by our company. It did not work. Time passed by and the fever went away. This instance was what I was suspecting i got infected.

Months passed and I noticed some blisters around my anus. I got scared but I did nothing. I just let it go anyway it was not that bothering at all. I also had this itchy red bumps usually on my hands. I thought it was because of the surfactants present in the detergents they used in the office when cleaning the carpet or maybe just hives. It went for years and up to now.

So there... When the result was ready, I and my ex went inside Dr Mendoza's office. My ex was so happy when he saw his paper. It was non-reactive. I got even scared because mine showed the opposite. I never had any sexual encounter with others without his knowledge. We do threesomes. So all of my sexual experience was with him. How come he wasn’t infected? One more thing is, we’ve been together for over three years so if I had the infection four years ago, how come I never infected him?

I and my ex broke up several days prior to taking the test. We decided so because of our differences. We both cannot stand each other's attitude anymore. I appreciate his concern to me. He is very supportive until now and he does not want to leave me even he is already seeing someone else.

To date, I have been waiting for the confirmatory result from San Lazaro Hospital. I am hoping that i will still be able to find someone who can understand me, who can accept me for who and what i am. I am also hoping to benefit from The Love Fund's financial support. I am working though but is not enough for myself and my family. And once I have some extra, I am very much eager to donate to the funds so I could also help other people.

Pozzie, please excuse the way I write because I am really bad in story telling. With so much that I want to say, I don’t know where to put them in my email.

Thanks for reading my letter.

Regards and good health to people like us.

+posithivity+




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi +posithivity+

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog and sharing the story with all of us.

I salute you for getting the courage to take the test. You have done the first step and I know that it is harder to wait for the confirmatory test as it will take some time before it gets released. For now, you can try to read the other blog entries here so that you will know what to do:

1. Things To Do While Waiting
2. What To Do Once You Find Out That You Are a Pozzie

When it comes to medical assistance, The Love Fund only provides assistance to those who are really indigent, to those who really don't have money to finance the labs, medications and hospitalization. The staff assesses the financial capability of the PLHIV and the PLHIV's family, and in your case, since you are still working, no matter what you are lucky that earning eventhough you think it is not enough for you. Some PLHIV's don't even have fare money to go to the hospital, imagine that.

Anyway, please update me when you get your confirmatory result and you can email again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: