Email 261: Negative But Wants Tests

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:10 AM
Hi Pozzie, can a negative patient get a cd4 and vl testing or is it only for positive patients?



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your question, that was raised to by my partner Tag, who is also negative, to my infectious disease doctor during one of my consultations. My doctor just smiled and just chucked, "What for?" I agreed with her.

Although it is your right to get tests, there are things to consider here.

First, you need an infectious disease doctor to give you a prescription for it and all ID doctors require the HIV Test confirmatory result. Unless you have an ID doctor friends, then you will be obliged to present one.

Second, if ever you have a prescription, the cost of the CD4 and VL tests are not cheap. You will end up paying for something which you don't need in the first place.

Check out this link:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: