Email 278: OFW's Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:05 PM

Hi Pozzie..

First of all gusto ko magpasalamt sa staff na nag alalay sa akin nung time na nag patest ako..


So this is my story. 10 days after unprotected sex last end of december to a female with unknown status of hiv may mga lumabas na na sintomas sa akin nag kasipon ubo ako at parang may mga small black spots ako na mukhang nunal na biglang tumubo sa katawan ko. Then 20days after ubo nagkaroon ako ng mild sore throat ung parang may makati sa lalamunan,body malaise,mainit ung pakiramdam sa loob ng katawan pero ala namang fever it lasted for 4days..kahit alam kong maaga pa ng patest na ako nung feb.2 sa ritm dahil feb.3 alis ko na papuntang middle east dahil pag nag positive ako hindi ako tutuloy..non reactive ang result ko medyo nabuhayan ako ng loob pero alam ko napaaga ang test ko..tumuloy ako ng middle east kinabukasan. Feb 10 bago mag start ng work ko dito may medical ule kami kasma HIV, hep. B, viral load test, hep.C at h pylori d ako nakatulog sa pag antay ng result dahil mas dumami mga symptoms ko habang nagpacheck ako..nagkaroon ako ng rashes sa thigh,white tounge pero tingin ko d naman oral trush na wala naman ako before..araw araw nagdadasal ako na sana okay ako..lumabas ang result at negative lahat pero ang tanong ko sarili ko dahil ba siguro hindi pa ako lumalabas sa window period..napansin ko din ung isang toe nail ko nagkaroon ng black spot at pag search ko kasma un da symptoms ng hiv..2months na ang nakakalipas ang tanging naiwan kong symptom ay medyo whitish ang tounge ko at change of nail color ko sa right toe..my question is sa tatlong test ko na antibody test 1 month after exposure which is negative,elisa and viral load 40 days exposure which is negative may chance na maging negative talaga ako hindi na ako makakapatest dito dahil sobrang strict dito.;(.need some advise pozzie..thank you

XXX


TRANSLATION


HI Pozzie.

First of all I would like to thank the staff who assisted during the time I got tested.

So this is my story. 10 days after unprotected sex, last end of December to a female with unknown status of HIV, I experienced having cough and colds and black spots like moles that suddenly appeared on my body. Then 20 days after my cough, I had mild itchy sore throat, body malaise, body heatbut no fever which lasted for 4 days. Eventhough I know it was too early to take the test last February 2, I still didn it since I will be leaving for the Middle East on February 3 and I thought that I won't leave if I turn out to be positive. The result was non reactive, and it gave me strength although I knew that it was too early to tell. I left the following day. On February 10 before I started working there was another medical examination that included the HIV test, hepa B, viral load test, hepa C and H pylori. I couldn't sleep while waiting for the result because I had more symptoms that time while having the test. I Had rashes on my thing, white tongue but I thought it wasn't oral thrush that I didn't experience before. Every day I was praying that I will be ok. The result came out and everything was negative but I kept on asking myself maybe because I wasn't beyon the window period yet. I also observed that one of my toenails has a black spot and when I researched it, it was part of the symptoms of HIV. 

It has been 2 months and the only symptom that I have is the whitish film on my tongue and the nail color change on my right toe.

My question is from the 3 antibody tests, 1 month after exposure which are negative, Elisa and viral load 40 days post exposure, is there a chance that I will really be negative. I can't take the test again here because they are very strict.

I need some advice pozzie.

Thank you.

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog and for sharing in detail what you have experienced. 

I understand your situation. I know it is really strict there and if they find out that you are HIV positive, they might send you back home. But based on what you told me, we will never know until you get retested after 3 months post exposure.

For now, what you can do is to just hope for the best. For your other infections, have them checked so that you can get treatment fast.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: