PLHIV Story: A New Beginning

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:49 AM



Hi Pozziepinoy and to all PLHIV. My name is XXX and I’m 24 yrs old. I was recently diagnosed with HIV last February XXX, 2013 at Medical City. 


Before I found out I have HIV I was already sick and was confined at The Medical City for almost a week (that was last January 2012) the doctor told me to admit myself in the hospital that same day I got my Xray result. They saw waters in my lungs and told me I have pneumonia, got treated and removed waters from my lung. I filed Sick leave for almost a month and stayed inside the house, was advised to take my medicine (about 5-6 different med I guess). One of my medicine is Myrine P forte and that’s for TB. I took it for like 2 weeks, but I stopped it. I told to myself how come I have TB? I don’t cough; have no phlegm, so I decided not to take it anymore. After a year I then experience the same problem like difficulty of breathing, night sweats and fever, so I decided to go back to the hospital (but I was so afraid to come back there and I was like thinking I might get admitted again). Luckily I am, there’s no water in my lungs but doctor said I have some few phlegm seen on Xray. I told her I didn’t take my medicine after I was admitted and she told me that I should take it everyday coz if not, it may lead to death of not taking medicine. So I went back to my Pulmo and showed her my medical history and advised me to take same medicine for TB. I told her that I lose so much weight, appetite, get easily tired and difficulty of breathing. So I then followed what my Pulmo told me, I take 3 tabs of Myrine P Forte before meal every day and I feel that my med works for me coz I’m getting stronger again, not get tired so easily, the fever was gone and sweats too. But she told me to get tested for HIV since I lose so much weight already and she knew that Im engage with samesex relationship. She referred me to IREACT, the next day I got tested paid for it php 1,300 and got the result after 3 weeks and its REACTIVE. I cried so much while the nurse was talking to me during my Post Counseling.

The next day I don’t know how am I going to tell this to my family, my partner (we leave together and work with the same company, been together for almost 15 months) and how should I say it. After 3 days, that was Sunday night and at the same time we’re celebrating our 14month day I admitted and confessed to him that  I have HIV, he cried a lot. I felt pain inside of me while seeing him crying, I blamed myself thinking that he may acquired HIV coz we had unsafe sex before but after I was admitted to the hospital I refused to have sex with him w/o condoms and offered masturbation only. The next day I told him to get tested and after a week we got the result. Thanks God its NON REACTIVE, were so happy to know he was not infected. My partner’s very supportive, he come to me whenever I need to go to the hospital and remind me to take my TB meds.

Now I am completing all my lab test to start my medication. I am planning to enroll at the Medical City IREACT since RITM is too far from me. I visited RITM last March 11, 2013 to get tested for CD4. I was with my partner. I saw other PLHIV waiting for their CD4 test too. I want to talk to them and ask how are they, hear their stories and how they face this but I have no chance and confidence of talking to them. Heads up to those who need CD4 test come early at RITM because they accepts people from 7am – 8am only.

My Plan right now is to start my Medication early next week after I completed all my lab test, I am still continuing my med for TB (on my 3rd month now) and consultation with my Pulmo, my sister knows my condition and told me not to tell my parents, not right now. Good thing I have health card from my Company since I am still working so it covers some of my lab test and consultation fee. I have my partner who accepts me and we still leaves together.

I hope to meet and talk to other PLHIV who’s going through the same situation right now. I want to hear their stories if they let me and get strength from them to face this, though I am very positive and I don’t let bad things to come along the way. I do not entertain negative things, less stress, live healthy life, always pray and have personal relationship with God, stop vices, communication with my family and stay Strong. It always reminds me of what my nurse told me that -There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Im so thankful that theirs a Blog like this, I am learning a lot on how to face this. I am so happy to know that I am not alone. Like that you say “We’re all in this together”
Thanks to you PozziePinoy. 





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: