My Silver Lining

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:08 AM
I was diagnosed to have HIV/AIDS Stage IV. I was hospitalized and was bedridden with bibasal pneumonia and pneumocystiis pneumonia. I was literally on my deathbed. It was really hard for me to breathe. I was dry coughing. My chest was painful. I was hanging on for dear life with my partner Tag's hand on mine.


That was a year and six months ago.

Today, I am very healthy. Not sickly. I maintained my physique. I am working. I am still with Tag.

Living with HIV, I thought initially, would be a burden for me. I thought having it would be like carrying my own crucifix. However, as I was regaining back my health, I was meditating and was seeking deeper meaning to everything. It wasn't revealed to me at first or I wasn't just paying attention but it was brought to my face later on.

The blog paved the way. At first it was just my private diary, an account of my new journey of being a person with HIV (PLHIV). Even Tag didn't know that it existed before as it was my "secret" journal of my struggles and my researches about HIV.

But people found it. People started sending emails. People started reaching out, communicating and asking for help. I started opening up, giving advices, suggestions and facts from my doctors and hub staff who later on became my friends. I partnered with Dr. Ditangco for The Love Fund, a project that is helping out indigent PLHIV's for their medical treatment. I also partnered with her in helping PLHIV's for their huge hospitalization bills through The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO). I started promoting HIV awareness and HIV Testing. I started promoting and referring people to RITM Satellite Clinic for its HIV, STD Tests and HIV Trainings. 

Topping it, I am seeing love in action:  people are donating money for others, people are volunteering to answer questions and concerns, people are giving time in assisting strangers with their personal struggles. 

Life is tricky. But we can also give a shot back at life by changing our own perspective. It happened to me. I used to be a simple person with simple dreams, but HIV and AIDS changed it. Despite the initial struggle with the disease, I looked past and beyond it. I saw my future. I saw my role in this world through it. It gave my life a new meaning. It gave me a new purpose to live. 

There will always be a dark cloud in front of us. However, changing perspectives, you will see that even the darkest cloud has a silver lining. I saw mine. I know you will see yours.






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: