Email 283: PhilHealth CF1 Issues

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:54 AM

Great day!

I would like to ask if do I need to register as same as what I am using sa office ko (philhealth)?

Medyo diyahe kasi kung hihingi ako (it's a bit embarrassing if I would ask) ng CF1 I will just pay it in advance (you mention in your blog that we can). If in case that we pay in advance, so every 3 months need namin pumunta ulit (come back again to) sa RITM ARG then show just the receipt?



And one more thing. Ung req ba to get arv (like cbc, etal.) Will be covered na din ng CF1?
Hope you can answer this one for me. Salamat po.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.


Thank you for your email.

The PhilHealth dilemma has been with PLHIV's for the longest time. The issue is not paying it but getting the CF1 from your employer and explaining every time why you need to get one. I know it is embarrassing and some PLHIV's have to make up excuses on why they need it every 3 months, as some hubs really require you to present the CF1 every time you get a refill of ARV's.

Like in my previous blog entries, another option is for you to pay PhilHealth as an individual contribution. You will pay P150 per month on top of your contribution to your employer. But this takes out the effort of getting the CF1 anymore. You can pay in advance, like in my case I paid the entire year and everytime I go to the hub, I just bring the receipt of payment so if the staff would ask me for it then I can present it.

When it comes to the coverage of the PhilHeath, it depends on each hub. In RITM-ARG, everything is covered by PhilHealth including the semi annual CD4 test and lab tests and the annual Viral Load. Best if you ask your hub staff about the coverage so you are better prepared for any other expenses.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by PhilHealth