Email 284: Waiting and Worried

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:07 AM
Dear Mr Pozziepinoy. 

I had a sex encounter with a young man whom I suspected that he might be have HIV even if he denied it because he might not know it cause he has not undergone HIV test yet ... I was given a blow job by him... after that sex encounter I asked why he suddenly cough, he said he had pleural effusion and currently on medication. Will his current condition cause HIV transmission on me... I had CBC test during the 3rd wk and 5th wk, the result for lympocyte is 22 and monocytes of 12... I experienced mild feeling of tingling feet...

I had my HIV test 1 week after exposure and turns to non reactive including the syphlis and hepa... I am waiting for the 12 weeks to come , it will be on April.. I am so worried...


XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Although oral sex has very little chance of transmitting the virus, I am still glad that you took the test. You are one of the few people who take action when deemed necessary and I salute you for that.

In this period wherein the cases of HIV is still on the rise in the country, it is important to be responsible to our health and to the health of others. Please always use a condom during sex with somebody who you don't know (or you don't know the HIV status) to prevent transmission of the virus to you and please use a condom when you are having sex with your loved one or a partner when you haven't taken the HIV test yet to prevent you from transmitting the virus to others. The virus is real and lingering and we all don't know who has it based on a person's physical appearance, sexual identity or social status. Please wear a condom all the time and please don't take drugs or drink alcohol when having sex as people tend to forget to wear a condom during those times.

In your case, I understand your worries. Just keep on reading the blog about HIV and be responsible from now on. Also, tell your friends to do so. You can also read my previous blog entries:

1. Things To Do While Waiting
2. How To Stay Positive
3. I Don't Know What To Do


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: