Email 281: I Need to Have the CD4 Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:14 AM

Hi Pozzie,

I've been informed that my chemiluminescence test is above 1, from the diagnostic center i got tested it. They are now doing confirmatory tests. Sabi nila 2 to 3 weeks pa daw makukuha results. Ang naiisip ko, they have sent my blood to another center to get the confirmatory and im thinking they are doing a separate test (probably western blot?) to get the verdict. I don't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks. I feel I have HIV/AIDS.



Natatakot ako na baka malala na and I want to know my CD4 count para malaman ko ang totoong sitwasyon. Meron po bang center na makakapag test ng CD4 count ko, without the 'official' status na positive ako? 

I've had this skin dermatitis for maybe 2 to 3 years na, and from what I've read, its a late HIV indication... I have accepted I am HIV+, pero natatakot ako na full blown aids na ito. Aside from the dermatitis, wala naman akong ibang nararamdaman. Last year however, I had a staph infection and it spread. Nagkapigsa ako sa pwet tapos tumubo din sa likod ko, sa hita at sa braso, Nawala na lahat yon after antibiotics. Pero indication yata na nahihirapan na ang immune system ko. Could this be AIDS already? Sana hindi pa, so I really want my CD4 count to know the real deal.

More power to your site. Given that I'm positive I'll be visiting it more often. Hopefully put my contributions in, every now and then.

Thank you,
XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.


Thank you for your email.

With regards to your question, you can't get the CD4 count without the prescription of any infectious disease doctor and usually the doctor will ask you for the confirmatory HIV result first. It is a requirement in all the hospitals and or in all the HIV/AIDS Treatment hub.

I know that waiting for 2 weeks but I can suggest another option for you. Go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and take the HIV Test again. You can get the final result in just 2 hours there. If you turn out positive, you can go to RITM-ARG in Alabang and just present the result  so you can get your CD4 and all the other lab tests required.

I applaud you for being proactive, so if you really want to know the status of your health and immune system now, then follow my advice.

Check out these links:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

Check out these other blog posts:







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: