Email 290: Cost of ARV's for Foreigners

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:45 AM

I am a foreigner living in the Philippines and I need ARVs.  I understand that they are free for Filipinos who have PhilHealth.  I am not eligible to enroll in PhilHealth.  I understand that I can get treatment in the Philippines and will have to pay for the ARVs.  Can you please tell me what the costs are?  Can I get a 90 day supply.  I cannot find this information on this.

Thank you so much.
Desparate.

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Desperate.

Thanks for your email.

All ARV's in the Philippines are actually free for Filipinos since they are subsidized by the Global Fund. There are no available ARV's in the local pharmacies and only the Philippine HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs can dispense the ARV's. 

Since you are a foreign national living in the Philippines, you have to:

1. Be a permanent resident in the Philippines to avail of the free ARV's
2. You need an HIV test result done here in the country to be enrolled in any treatment hub. HIV tests done outside the country won't be accepted in the hubs.
3. You have to undergo the consultations and lab tests prior enrolment in the hub, unless you can provide recent lab documents and prescriptions.
4. If you don't have PhilHealth, then you should try enrolling in a private hub like Makati Med or I-REACT in The Medical City and just cover the costs of the doctor's consultations and laboratory tests including CD4 and VL.

You can call me at 0916-286-2066 if you have other concerns.



Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: