Email 301: A Friend Needs Help

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:16 AM

Hi Pozzie,

I hope you can help me. I am working here abroad. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed as HIV positive. What lead for him to be diagnosed with HIV is his multiple infections. The HIV doctor told him he can not undergo ARV or cocktails because he has hepatitis and his kidney is very weak also. Right now he is undergoing treatment for these two illnesses so he can undergo ARV soon.


This friend of mine is just a kid, 21 years old. I doubt if any of his family knows his real condition. He is alone, desolated and only depends on me for day to day living support. He doesn't even have Philhealth. As much as I wanted to help him financially to at least go through the initial treatments, I can only do so much. He has to undergo theraphy for his liver and kidney once a week and hospital bills pile up, like P8000 per week. It is just too much for me to handle, and the sad part is none of his relatives are financially capable of helping him either even if they would have known.

The situation makes it even more difficult because I am here abroad and he is there in QC. When I go home in July it may be too late. It worries me so much, I wanted so much to help this kid but I cannot do anything other than to send him what I can afford (bulk of my salary goes to him and I am not saving anything here) and send messages of encouragement over the phone.

What is the best thing to do?  Right now the immediate problem is financial to treat his liver and other infections. I am aware that ARV's are given free thereafter.

Is there any kind-hearted foundation, or groups that we can ask for financial assistance?

This kid really needs some serious help.

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Please tell your friend to go to RITM-ARG in Alabang and get another opinion there. Tell him to look for either Maram or Let and tell them that Pozziepinoy referred him to them. If he qualifies for either The Love Fund or the assessment for PCSO assistance, then the staff will definitely assist him for his treatment. Tell your friend to bring his HIV confirmatory result and all his lab tests and prescription and ask the staff that he will be needing medical assistance for his medicines.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: