Email 292: Genital Area Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:15 AM

Hello.

I had protected sex at the end of january. After a couple of weeks, I started feeling something in my genital area, specifically, occasional pain sa tip ng penis and medyo mainit yung genital area pati yung groin area.

I took the HIV and syphillis test sa manila social hygiene clinic a month after and non reactive naman but ill be back after 3 months. I also went to a urologist and he said na wala naman yun. chineck niya genitals ko. and binigyan ako ng Cipro, ZIthromax and Doxine just in case my STD ako to get rid of it. Tapos na yung meds but i still feel weird. It does not hurt but it's just not normal. mainit parin ung sensation sa genital area and sometimes feel ko may nag ttrickle na liquid sa penis pero wala naman and sumasakit minsan.

I don't know what I should do and what tests I should take. Thank You.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Based from your email, you already had a consultation with a urologist and it was odd that the doctor didn't undergo any other tests to determine what was the cause of your concern and just prescribed meds "in case you have STD". Since you are still bothered by what you are feeling, I think it would be best for you to get a second opinion and go to an infectious disease doctor. You may be prescribed to take other STD tests but at least, you would really know what is wrong with you. Take the HIV test too since you had unprotected sex before.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: