Story of Alexis

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:53 AM


Hi Pozzie! 

My name is Alexis and like everyone here I was also diagnosed HIV + abroad  just January this year. At first, it was really hard knowing that I have this kind of disease. It was hard accepting that my life will end so soon, my dreams are slowly fading and my life is full of darkness. I begun to think of killing myself, I was about to end my life because for me it is now of no use and it is already messed up. I really don't know what to do, I don't have work anymore because I cant renew my visa simply because of my misfortune. I am nowhere to be found, until I approach GOD and tell Him all my burdens. I asked Him to help me carry it because I couldn't make it alone. Immediately He respond on my prayers, He uses my friends to help me surpass  all of this.


I go back to the Philippines and immediately have my test done at Makati Medical Center for confirmation. I waited three weeks for the result, while waiting for it  I made my self ready by going to church everyday, I prayed a lot and seek for GOD's guidance that He will make it easy for me to accept whatever the result is. And he never failed me, on March 05, 2013 the confirmatory documents  from San Lazaro Hospital has served and has explained to me  well. I was a bit scared while talking to my Dr. but at all  time I was thinking about Him and making myself believe that I am not alone. That he is always there to protect and guide me no matter what. After visiting my Dr. I went to Don Bosco church, I prayed again and ask Him to teach  me on what to do next.

When I got home, I browse the internet and search for any HIV website that can help me provide an option as to how this disease will be treated. And I found this blog that gave me strength, another chance and enough reason why I have to live longer and fight for this disease. I went to RITM - ARG dept. to seek for help, my good friend pozzie referred me to some of his good people in the hub. They accommodate me well, offered assistance to the fullest and never let me feel that I am alone. They told me to check my CD4 count for me to know my status. LaLa the medtech assigned made the process so easy for me, we had a bit of chit=chatting and even cracked some jokes while taking a sample of my blood. She advised me to wait for the result after lunch, while waiting for it I spend almost 3 hours in ARG's holding area and meet some of pozzies too. I had learnt that some of them were taking ARV drugs already, some has diagnosed with TB and some has just discharged from the hospital due to  some complications  caused by HIV virus.  I was really afraid that time, knowing that my CD4 might very low and that I need to maintain ARV drugs to survive....I then again prayed so hard and ask for His divine grace and then again he never failed me for the 3rd time. My Cd4 count is still above normal ( 710 ) and because of that there's no need for me to take ARV drugs yet. I asked the Dr. assigned to check my status about the possible options to at least control the spread of the disease, he eventually told me to maintain healthy lifestyle, diet as I am close to obesity and take some vitamins to keep my immune system intact. Right now, I am fighting for HIV disease for 3 months thou too young it may seem but for me it is an accomplishment knowing that fact that I had overcome my fears and experienced all of this with faith, good relationship among other people that made me a very strong person . I know, fighting this disease is never that easy but positive mind setting, strong faith to GOD and happiness are the key to overcome all of this.

Part of  moving on, is keeping  my self busy in  touching other people's lives  through my experiences, sharing God's words to my peers, making my self and other people happy and totally renewing myself  to live a healthy life. On April 16, I am  visiting RITM again for my vaccination. Quite expensive, but for me this will be a big help to myself not to acquire any complications that easy. I hope, I was able to inspire some Pozzie's in this blog. If you want to meet or even need an advice I am always here to help you. I'm just a txt away. Just ask my number by sending me PM..... May the good Lord always be with us.... I'm proud to be HIV + , we will fight on this together... Together we stand divided we fall,...Let us be strong.... Let us make GOD be the center of our lives.. Take care.






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: