Email 291: HIV and Elevated SGPT,SGOT and WBC

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:02 AM

Hello Pozzie.

I recently got my cbc result and it showed an elevated level of SGOT and SGPT. Furthermore, my WBC count is quite high as well. Could this be an indicator of HIV infection? Thanks pozzie!

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Elevated SGPT, SGPT and WBC are not specific to having HIV. Although, it may seem that you may have an infection, we can't assume that it is already HIV related. The only test that can indicate if you have HIV is the HIV test itself. So if you think you have been exposed to the virus by having sex without the use of a condom or there was a possible exchange of blood, vaginal/penile secretions or breast milk, then you might take in consideration to take the test.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: