Email 285: HIV Test while on Antibiotics

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:39 AM
Hi Pozzie. 

I'm really glad na there's someone like you, na tumutulong at nag iinspire sa mga HIV+ at potential hiv+ patients. Super thankful ako sa blog mo.

Im planning to go to RITM satellite clinic to get my self tested. Kung i-a-assess ko ang sarili ko, low risk naman ako. Kaya lang i had a fever last week. Nagpa cbc ako and my doctor told me that my WBC count was abnormally high. May infection daw na nilalabanan ang katawan ko. As to what infection or bacteria, hindi nya alam kasi marami pa daw gagawing test.

My concern now is pwede kaya akong magpa test kahit im currently taking antibiotic as prescribed by my doctor? Hindi kaya maaapektuhan nun ang magiging result?

Thank you! :)

XXX



TRANSLATION

Hi Pozzie.

I'm glad that there is someone like you, who helps and inspires HIV positives and potential HIV patients. I am super thankful to your blog.

I'm planning to go to RITM Satellite Clinic to get myself tested. If I would assess myself, I am low risk. However, I had low fever last week. I had CBC and my doctor told me that my WBC count was abnormally high. He said that I have an infection that my body is fighting against. As to what infection or bacteria, he doesn't know as there will be a lot of tests to be done.

My concern now is if I can take the test even if I'm currently on antibiotics as prescribed by my doctor? Would it affect the result of the test?

Thank you! :)

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog. Eversince I got diagnosed, it has been a mission of mine to help and assist my fellow PLHIV's and to give awareness and provide valuable information about HIV and AIDS, HIV test, HIV treatment to the general public.

With regards to your concern, you can still take the test as the HIV test is just specific to the HIV antibodies, even while taking medications. Also, you can do all the other lab tests so your doctor will know what kind of infection you have right now. You don't have to wait for the HIV test for it and just be proactive in doing them. If you have an infection, then get it treated.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: