Encouraged To Take the Test!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:01 AM

Hi Pozzie,

I found your site back in January 2013. It gave me the "push" to get tested. I got tested at RITM Malate. It was nerve-wracking (to say the least); I even thought of backing out. My result was NON-REACTIVE, though I still need to repeat it since I was still in the window period. Regardless, I was happy and thankful.

To stir things up, several days after I got the result, rumors started to surface that the last and only person I had unprotected sex with (that made me still in the window period) is HIV+. I was extremely rattled. I confronted the person and asked him bluntly. He said it was a horrible rumor and he knew who was spreading it. Basically, he really isn't a 100% positive he doesn't have it, since he hasn't gotten tested yet (I think), but he was confident to say he's sure he isn't. I let it go, and took his word for it (I thought it would be mean to keep on drilling him about it, maybe it was really just a rumor and anyway, it was my responsibility to get tested again.)

I plan to get tested again in May, and I'm hoping and praying to have a NON-REACTIVE result. I want to thank you for the effort of this site to empower visitors with knowledge, and more importantly: courage to get tested. I'll definitely share my update when the time comes.

This "scare" has given me a new outlook on life. I became more appreciative of everything and has renewed and strengthened my Faith =)

Whatever happens, I want to be able to help PLHIV; even if I'm just someone they can reach out to, to talk to. I know how important a listening ear of a friend is :)

"Fear is always present, but we should never allow it to engulf our lives."

-- LOVE & SUPPORT --

XXX





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: