Email 280: OFW Wants to Come Home

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:25 AM

Dear Pozzie, 

My sister got Hiv+ she knew only few month ago, when she got sick and stop menstrual period. She is an ofw , her employer didn't give her last salary and they hold the passport on their hand. When my sister get sick, she decide to going back Philippine. She asked her passport the employer hand it to her but she discover her visa already expired. They did not talked to her about it, they keep silent while she continued work to them. Now she cannot going home,coz of penalty over due of visa 20,000 and air ticket. Her health getting worse everyday, I worried she wil die here. Please give me some advise. Thank You!

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

This is a classic case of an employee-employer problem. Since you guys are working overseas, go to the Philippine Embassy and seek advice from there. I absolutely am sure that they have encountered problems like this so I know that they will give you the best advice that they can give to you and to your sister.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: