Email 304: Waiting and Treatment Hubs

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:15 AM

hi pozzie.... having a great day.....?

anyway can I ask you something.... I was diagnosed hiv+ wt is the 1st step that I need to do..? (my blood extraction done on one of the private diagnostics center in mnla, and they just forward it to san lazaro SACCL for confirmatory) after having the confirmatory results, the doctor from the diagnostic center is advising me to coordinate to the San Lazaro SACCL. but im thinking that there might be better place to go like what i have read on ur blogs, like ritm-arg and ritm sat clinic.... or should I find a private doctor 1st?

thanks for ur time...




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog. I also would like to applaud you for having the courage to take the test and having a positive attitude towards the result. Keep it up and I know for sure, everything will be alright!

With regards to your concern, the first step that you need to do once you get your confirmatory HIV test result is to seek consultation with an HIV doctor. You can either do this by:
    a. Going to any of the HIV/Treatment hubs that I listed (click this: HIV/AIDS TREATMENT HUBS) and seek consultation there. The doctors in the hubs provide FREE consultation.
    b. Look for a private infectious disease doctor who handles persons with HIV (PLHIV). Of course having your own private doctor comes with a fee.

On your other concern about treatment hubs, these are things that you need to consider:

1. Accessibility to you. 
2. Fees of the lab tests that they give if you can afford them
3. Foot traffic of the hubs.

You can read these blog entries for your reference:


Once again, keep your optimistic attitude and use it for your new journey. BTW, RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate is not a hub but just a HIV testing site.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: