Email 270: I Can't Afford Treatment!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:37 PM
Good day Sir Pozziepinoy,

There are some things I wanna ask regarding HIV tests since at this point in time I think that I've passed HIV infection denial. I feel that I am really infected now since I've been very sick lately. 

I am a graduating student so I still don't have my own money but as much as possible I wanted to keep my family out of this burden. Is it possible for me to avail treatments when I dont have any PhilHealth membership? Can I go directly to RITM Satellite Clinic and not to RITM Alabang? 

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Let me answer your concerns in the order that you asked them.

First, you are claiming that you may have HIV even without having undergone the HIV test. I really don't know how you figured this out by yourself. Since you didn't disclose your previous history to me and the readers I can't assume if you have it or not. The best way to know is not by your symptoms but taking the HIV test. That will definitely finalize everything.

For your second concern, let us assume that you are indeed HIV positive after taking the HIV test. You were saying that you don't have the money for HIV treatment (since you don't want to disclose and burden your family) and you are not a PhilHealth member. Initially, PhilHealth is not required for you to have your labs or treatment be given to you, however the hubs will definitely require you to become a member as treatment of HIV is part of the OHAT (out patient HIV/AIDS Treatment) package of PhilHealth. Another concern that you have to consider is that you mentioned that you have been very sick lately. Unfortunately this is not covered by PhilHealth's OHAT package and all the hubs will require you to pay for any laboratory tests, treatment and hospitalization for any other infection/ and or opportunistic infections as a result of HIV. Some people resort to going to social workers in the hospital which you can to do if you don't have the financial capability. I know that there might be requirements for you to submit so you have a look on those.

Third, RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate is a testing site for HIV. It is not a treatment hub. Only RITM-ARG in Alabang provides lab tests, consultations and dispense ARV's. In other words, you go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate to be tested then you go to RITM-ARG in Alabang to get labs and treatment.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: