Be Productive!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:12 AM

HIV is not a disability if you won't allow it to be. You can still be productive. You can still have a normal life. You can be successful. You can have a life.

We are on the same boat. We have the same disease so I know what you are going through. I know your issues. I know you concerns. I have talked to a lot of people who have the same problems who are living their lives successfully.

My life story is out in the open. I have told everyone how I got out of my "dark tunnel". I have showed a lot of people how I climbed out of my "well". I inspired people by sharing how from day 1, I decided to fight and told myself that no matter what, I will do my very best to  be strong again not only for myself but for my family and to my partner. I told myself that HIV can be defeated even though I only had CD4 of 70, with oral thrush and getting treatment for my pneumonia and PCP. Then after a few months, after I got well from my lung problem, I went back to work and started becoming "whole" again. I started to live again and enjoy everything that I have. The rest is history.



Now I am an advocate of fighters. I salute those who are living their lives by becoming productive and successful once again. I know it is hard at first especially if you have a life threatening opportunistic infection but trust me it is the only way to defeat HIV. It is the only way to show to our families and friends how strong we are.

I would suggest to NOT treat HIV as a permanent disability. It is NOT if you won't allow it. You can still work. I know a lot of PLHIV's with CD4 counts below 100, even with OI's, who are still working. They don't rely on pity from family and friends. They don't blame other people or complain about institutions for insufficient care or facilities but instead they empowered themselves to be productive and independent once again so they can get the best treatment possible. They treated HIV as a disease that can be controlled. They positively thought that HIV is a disease that can be treated with a strong faith. They treated HIV not as an obstacle but just another challenge that they need to overcome.

Trust me, you will gain respect from people if they will know that you are a fighter. You will gain respect if they see that from the "rubble" you start coming out and starting to be productive again. You gain respect if you show to the world that even with HIV you can be responsible for yourself, for your treatment, for your life.

Most of us got this disease because of irresponsibility so it is about time that we start to become responsible for ourselves once again. It is about time that we learn from our past and become who we want to be today and in the future.

Life is what we make it. HIV should not be a hindrance to our progress but rather just another stepping stone for us to become better persons. We should stop being hateful, instead we should learn to appreciate love and give love in return. We should stop being irresponsible and start to become independent of our needs. 

Now is the right time to prove to the world, to your families and friends that you are a survivor. It is the time to prove to everyone your self worth.









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: