Email 526: HIV Treatment and Pregnancy

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:38 AM

Hi! I talked to my roomate's Mom who's a doctor.. 

I just wanna know if it's true that the HIV treatment is free? And what about my pregnancy? Does it mean that I cannot be pregnant forever? Getting married this year.. Thank you..

XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

Let me answer your concerns in the order that you asked them.

First, it is true that HIV treatment in the Philippines is FREE. The HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs provide FREE consultation and FREE HIV medicines. The baseline tests are free also in some hubs. The only thing that is not free is the cost of the medical treatment if one has other infections.

Second, you can get pregnant if you and your husband want to. However there are special considerations and precautions that your HIV doctor will have to discuss to you about. Thus before planning to have a baby, please coordinate first with your HIV doctor. Please read the following blog entries that I posted about HIV and pregnancy:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: