Email 507: What Do I Do Now?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:31 PM

I feel thankful for discovering your blog. The last time I was HIV negative was in April. I got HIV+ positive yesterday, and my doctor recommended me to read your blog for positivism and information.

I'm currently experiencing the "worst flu ever". I also feel lethargic every morning when I wake up. I also feel like my neck is thicker now and I occasionally feel "sort like needle pricks" when I'm lying on my bed.

Your blog is full of useful information but I'm having a sever headache lately so I can't read all the blog posts.



My question is, what do I do as a person who just got tested positive?

1. Do I take the CD4 count and viral load test already? 
2. What over-the-counter meds do I take as of now?
3. Are there support groups for PLHIV around Quezon City?

Regards,
G

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi G.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog. Like what your doctor told you, you can get inspired by the stories here in the blog written by a lot of PLHIV or those who have HIV. 

Let me first get to all your questions.

1. The first thing that you need to do is to go to an HIV/AIDS Treatment hub. You can check out the list here:


     a. Since you are from Quezon City, you can either go PGH-SAGIP or San Lazaro 
          Hospital-SACCL Dept. If you want a private hub, you can go to The Medical City's
          I-React in Pasig City or in Makati Medical Center. However, if you are willing to travel,
          you can still go to RITM-ARG in Alabang.
    b. When you get to the hub, please bring your confirmatory HIV test result with you.
    c. The hub doctor will then give you a prescription of what tests to do. The prescription 
         will  include the CD4 Test. You can request your assigned HIV doctor to prescribe you 
         the viral load test if you wish.
    
2. I can't recommend any over-the-counter medicines as, one, I am not a doctor, and two, 
    I don't know what is wrong with you. The best is to go to the HIV Hub ASAP and a
    complete a physical check up so you will know the problem. 

3. For the support group in Quezon City, you can call the:
     a. AIDS Society of the Philippines 02-376-2541, 02-410-0204
      b. According to Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG:

              "Support groups for Metro Manila in general are Pinoy Plus or Positive Action
                Foundation, Inc (PAFPI). But if the person wants to meet peers personally,
                there are individuals willing to help."

G, I know you have severe headaches and it is hard for you to read the blog entries, so if you have time, please call me at 0916-286-2066 so I can help you get back on your feet again to face the challenges in front of you, and to give you inspiration on your new journey with HIV.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: