Email 504: Plans to go to RITM Satellite Clinic

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:08 AM

Hi Pozzie,

First, I would like to congratulate your blog about RITM. It is very informative and doesn't discriminate. Thank you very much for being an advocate of health.

I have a friend who just recently died of AIDS, that's what brought me to your blog. To tell you honestly, I would like to get tested. I'm sorry if I didn't read the whole thing, you may have mentioned the details already, but I just would like to know how to get to the satellite clinic from QC (SM North area)?

Thank you,
XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog. I am sorry about your friend. I am sorry for your loss.

AIDS can be prevented if a person can be diagnosed early with HIV. Usually the AIDS defining infections show up after years of being exposed to HIV. All my readers who have been following my blog know that I was one of the AIDS patients who was diagnosed late. I had recurrent pneumonia and was confined before I was tested for HIV. However, with treatment, I was cured of my infection and now I am on my HIV maintenance medicines. 

The reason why, I am sharing this is because having AIDS should not lead to death anymore. Early diagnosis is the key to AIDS prevention and we all need to tell everyone, especially those who are in greater risk, to take the HIV test. I am an advocate of a yearly testing, not just a reaction to a possible infection. If we all can tell everybody, our loved ones, our friends and colleagues to take the HIV test on a yearly basis, as part of their annual physical and medical exam, then we are helping people to become aware of their health status, and prevent the spread of this incurable virus.

Although, I feel sorry for your loss, I am glad though that because of what happened, now you are aware that HIV really do exists, thus your effort to get yourself tested too. If you want to get tested in RITM Satellite Clinic, you can take any jeepney going to Pasay-Taft and then just get off at the Philippine Women's University. Please click the link below so you can see the details, directions and map of the clinic:


Since you are in Quezon City, you may also consider going to these HIV Testing Sites:

1. Klinika Bernardo
2. Icon Clinic
3. Quezon City Social Hygien Clinic
4. Project 7 Social Hygiene Clinic
4. Batasan Social Hygiene Clinic

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: