Email 559: Questions About Me

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:07 AM

Hello pozziepinoy,

Your blog is a haven for PLHIV and sana mawala na yung stigma surrounding HIV.
Tanong ko lang kung ilang months or years ka bago nadiagnose after ng exposure mo.  And nung nadiagnose ka, may oral thrush ka na noon?

Stay healthy and God bless you more. You are an inspiration to many.

Thank you.

TRANSLATION

Hello Pozziepinoy.

Your blog is a haven for PLHIV's and I hope that the stigma surrounding HIV will disappear.

I would like to ask if how many months or years were you diagnosed after your exposure. Also, when you got diagnosed, did you have an oral thrush?

Stay healthy and God bless you more. You are an inspiration to many.

Thank you.



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog.

To answer your question, I got diagnosed with HIV when I was already bed ridded with pneumonia and PCP. I had recurring pneumonia and with my age, the doctor suspected my low immune system, thus the HIV test was prescribed. I may have HIV for years prior to my HIV test that is why it came to the point that I already have a near death experience with pneumonia. Thus my advocacy of early HIV testing so that HIV can't bring havoc to ones immune system anymore if one is diagnosed early.

At the time of my diagnosis, I didn't have oral thrush even though my CD4 count was only 70. Like what I always tell my readers, when the immune system goes down, the opportunistic infections attack the weakest body organ of the person. In my case, since my family has a history of lung diseases, the opportunistic infection that came out was pneumonia and PCP which were lung related diseases. My point here is that any OI can affect a person once the immune system is down, depending on the make up of the person.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: