Email 544: Wishes to Take the VL Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:43 AM

Hello Pozziepinoy! 

I am scheduled to have my 2nd CD4 count this coming October at RITM Alabang. I also want to check my viral load. Is it offered there free of charge? By the way, I am a newly registered PhilHealth member. I already paid my contribution for 3 quarters (April to  
December 2013). Is it sufficient for me to avail the viral load test for  
free? If not, how much will it cost me? 

Thank you!
JAY



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi JAY.

Thank your for your email.

CD4 test in RITM-ARG is free when you are enrolled in the hub. However, when it comes with the viral load test, even if you are a PhilHealth member, it is a requirement that you have been taking ARV's for 1 year (4 refills of ARV's) before you can avail of the FREE viral load test. If you are not taking ARV's yet and you wish to take the VL, then you need to pay around P6,000.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: