Email 535: How To Gain Weight?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:15 AM

Hi Pozzie, thanks for creating this blog.

I got diagnosed with HIV last July 2013, I have TB (am taking antitb drugs now). My concern is that am loosing a lot of weight. Nahihiya na akong lumbas sa bahay dahil dito. May paraan pa bang bumalik ito?

TRANSLATION

Hi Pozzie.

Thanks for creating this blog.

I got diagnosed with HIV last July 2013. I have TB and I am still taking anti TB drugs. My concern is that I am losing a lot of weight. I am not embarrassed to leave the house because of this. Is there a way for me to gain it back?



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog.

Since you have a virus and an active bacteria being treated, your metabolism is still high. What you need to do is to keep up with the metabolism and restimulate your appetite. Have a gradual exercise program as tolerable to stimulate your appetite and try to eat as frequent as possible to gain your weight back. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: