Email 538: Have TB and Expects HIV Positive

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:42 PM
I am getting TB treatment for almost 3 weeks already after being diagnosed. Alam ko how associated it is with HIV.  Knowing my experiences and doing research on the net, I came to a point that even if am not get tested, am already claiming na ako'y positive. Tanggap ko n sa sarili ko tho di ko lang alam kung paano na kung actual nasa harap ko n ang result. Isang friend ko lang ang sinabihan ko nito. Di ko rin inopen sa doctor ko ung possibility though di niya rin nadiscuss sa akin.


Dumating ako sa point na gusto ko n magpatest agad2 but as days pass by, iba n naman. For now, want ko n lang antayinh friend ko next month para mas makausap xa and possibly masamahan ako for the test.

This blog really helps me a lot. so comforting to read the stories. akala ko dati pag Hiv ka, mamamatay kn agad. but reading thru the net and blogs, alam ko curable ito and we can still live a normal life with proper treatment.  kahit nga Tb dati, akala ko kamatayan n katumbas nun. but with proper awareness and education, again it is curable.

Need friends here esp those plhiv with tb so i can share with you my struggle and journey.

To us all, lets entrust our life to the lord. lets believe that even we had sinned, his mercy is so immense that he will still show his compassion to all of us. Mas magaan maging plhiv pag alam mong kasama mo si lord at naniniwala kang gagaling ka at sa tulong ni lord, there are more years after being positive.

Sana next month, makapagpatest n tlg ako. Be strong guys as I will always be bec I know God will not forsaken me even a sinner.

TB-HIV


TRANSLATION


I am getting TB treatment for almost 3 weeks already after being diagnosed.  I know how associated it is with HIV. Knowing my experiences and doing my research on the net, I came to a point that even if am not get tested, am already claiming that I’m positive. I accepted though it though I don’t know how I would feel if the result is right in front of me. I only talk about this to one friend. I haven’t even opened up this possibility to my doctor though he has not discussed it with me.

It already came to my mind to get tested but then as the days went by, I changed my mind. For now, I will just wait for my friend tto talk to him and possibly to come with me for the test.

This blog really helps me a lot. It is so comforting to read the stories. I thought before that once you have HIV you will die fast but reading through the net and blogs, I know that it is curable and we can still live a normal life with proper treatment.  Even with TB before I thought that it equates to death but with proper awareness and education, again it is curable.

Need friends here esp those PLHIV with TB so i can share with you my struggle and journey.

To us all, lets entrust our life to the lord. Let’s believe that even we had sinned, his mercy is so immense that he will still show his compassion to all of us. It is easier to be a PLHIV when you know you are with the Lord and you will believe that you will be well, and with the help of the Lord, there are more years after being positive.

I hope that next month, I can get tested, be strong guys as I will always be because I know God will not forsake me even a sinner.

TB-HIV



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


HI TB-HIV.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for all the kind words about the blog. It is my intention to reach out to a lot of people and give insight and wisdom about HIv and AIDS in the Philippines.

I would like to share with you some FACTS when it comes to HIV and about your situation.

1. Having TB doesn't necessarily mean that you have HIV.
2. There is NO cure for HIV. There is treatment only which can "tame" the virus so it won't hurt your health anymore.
3. Treating TB and not treating HIV won't make you really well. Your TB can be cured but if you have untreated HIV, your TB might come back and will make matters worst. Usually when an infection recurs, it is more worse than before if HIV is not treated.
4. If you have TB now and you have untreated HIV, your CD4 count or your immune system may already be depressed that other infections may set in and may complicate and prolong your treatment progress. Having infections trigger the replication of HIV and will hurt your health more.
5. If you have TB and have untreated HIV, your immune system will continue falling down to dangerous levels. 
6. If you won't take the HIV test ASAP then you will be considered one of those who got late diagnosed and may suffer the consequences. For one, late diagnosed HIV is harder to treat as the immune system won't recover as fast, and second, if the immune is depressed, other infections may set in and treatment would be very expensive. Treatment of other infections is not covered in all the HIV treatment hubs in the country. Some people, aside from one infection has already multiple infections prior to the HIV which complicate the scenario.
7. People still die of HIV because they don't take the HIV test even when they already have infections. When it goes down to AIDS level, if one has AIDS defining illnesses, then it is harder and longer to treat.

I am not here to scare you but that is the reality. Learn the FACTS. If you keep on delaying your HIV test, you will never know what you have now and treatment may be more difficult. If I were you, please take the HIV test now because it is too late. If you delay your HIV test, it would be harder for you to control your life and your health. 

It is better to know your HIV status now, so you can have all your baseline lab tests taken, know your level of immune system and what  other kinds of infections you have right now. 
Trust me it is better to be proactive now than be reactive later on because of what you think you know.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: