Email 585: Scared to Take the Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:39 PM

Hi! 

Just call me Purple. I've been worried since last month because I noticed a lump on my neck. I had my FNA biopsy and the diagnosis is Chronic Granulomatous Lymphadenitis. My doctor explained that it's like a general term for the infection that I have. He recommended that I should undergo a surgery and another kind of biopsy that will determine the specific illness. I'm a bit surprised because it was my first time to have a nodule. I've been healthy and resistant to any kinds of diseases. I can't decide on it so I've been searching for the information about the causes and complications I might get and I was shocked when I found out that the lump on the neck is a symptom of an autoimmune disease. I'm really worried because my husband and I had past experiences. He had hooked up a prostitute and I also had a relationship with a lesbian who admitted that she had an ex-gay boyfriend. 



My husband and I have been married since 2006. He hasn't any symptoms of HIV and I'm scared that I might be + or we are both +. The only symptom that I have is a lump on my neck and last Sunday I started to feel pain im the muscles of my shoulders down to my hands. I didn't have fever but I also felt pain on my right lower abdomen but it's tolerable. We have 3 healthy children and I can say that they are all smart and active. I don't know what to do now. I'm really scared to take HIV test.

I really want to have a peace of mind and I'm still considering going to a test center once I get the courage to do it. Please tell where the test center near Quezon city. Is it for free, if not how much would it cost?

Thanks a lot.

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Purple.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with me and my readers.

I know you are scared about your symptoms, however it is a fact that HIV has non specific symptoms and whatever you are having may or may not be related to HIV. 

Taking the HIV test is your only solution. Please don't be scared about the test. It it will calm your mind and will free you from all the doubts then just do it. There are some testing centers in Quezon City that are free and some with a fee. Here is a link of the Metro Manila Testing Centers:


However, if you want the result to come out in just 2 hours, you can take the test in RITM Satellite Malate. Check out the link below:



I can have you assisted with our Care Assistance Program. Our Care Manager, Marky can assist you, or bring you to the testing site so you won't be scared or be embarrassed. Check this link:



I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: