Email 592: New and Scared!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:54 PM


hi, good evening pozzie pinoy, got ur email at ur site, i'm kram not my real name 23 y.o and yesterday i was diagnosed hiv+ but my doctor schedule me for re-blood extraction for confirmatory at DOH, i dont know what to do at this point at san me mkkhingi ng tulong regarding my health status... nttkot me n baka d n ko magtgl :( hope mahelp nyo po ako... thank you


TRANSLATION

Hi.

Good evening Pozziepinoy. Got your email at your site. I'm Kram, not my real name, 23 yr old and yesterday, I was diagnosed as HIV positive. My doctor scheduled me for re-blood extraction for confirmatory at DOH. I don't know what to do at this point and where to seek help regarding my health status. I am scared that I won't last long. I hope that you can help me.

Thank you.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Kram.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog at one of your most crucial stages of your life.

I know that it has come as a shock when the result were in your hands. I understand the fear and the deep sorrow that you must be having. Fear of the unknown is the scariest part of this new journey as you don't know what lies ahead of you, what will happen to your health and what will happen to all your dreams.

My heart is blessed with every beat of optimism so let me first share with you some good and positive points that may help you stand up once again and walk towards your new chapters in life.

First, I am proud that you took the HIV test. You have that great COURAGE which others didn't have. Now because of that courage, you are in control of your life. You CAN control your life and your health even with HIV. Utilize that courage once more as you face the future. Make use of that great courage when dealing with the new obstacles that you are about to deal with. Trust me, because I have done it and believe me, because others have done it too.

Second, you are born to live a long life, even HIV. You are lucky because nowadays, HIV is not a death sentence anymore. HIV is treated like having diabetes or hypertension now with maintenance medicines that one has to take on a daily basis. In the Philippines, HIV doctor's consultations and ARV's (HIV medicines) are FREE in all government HIV/AIDS treatment hubs. The way to better health has been paved for you and all you have to do is to follow it.

Third, the Philippines has good HIV doctors. You will get good treatment everywhere in the country. The hubs are decentralized to cater to those from the provinces. 

Fourth, you can still fulfill all your dreams. In the Philippines, the HIV test is not a requirement for employment. You can be what you want to be and continue dreaming for a life that you want even with HIV.

Now there things that you need to do while waiting for your confirmatory HIV test result. I listed them all down here in my previous blog entry:


Like what I have said, the road is ready for you. All you have to do is walk on it, look up and see the bright horizon ahead of you. Me and my readers will guide you all the way. You won't be alone.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: