Email 608: Questions About HIV Transmission

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:10 PM

Hi Pozzie. I'm a girl from Cavite. 18 yrs. old. I just wanna share my experiences and let me know if I can get HIV with this sitations:

1. Last Nov. 2009 I had 2 sexual intercourse with my long time bf. We're both virgins.Its both our first time. We're just in HS at that time. And I am sure of that. The first one was no condom but he didnt ejaculate in me. 2nd one was with condom and he didnt ejaculate in me. He told me that he didnt have "sakit". And he hndi dn ako ngwworry kasi alam ko totoo naman na first niya ako.


2. I used kitchen scissors to cut my hair down there two times. I washed the scissors with soap the first time and the 2nd I didn't.

3. Nung gumamit ako ng razor for the first time, nasugatan ko sarili ko. kasi ung pointing finger ko inislide ko sa razor. Pero hinugasan ko with water ung razor and wala nmn blood ung razor and continue doing what I did.

(Translation: When I used razor for the first time, I cut my pointing finger as it slid on the razor. But I washed the razor blade with water and there was no blood and I just continued what I am doing.)

4. Lumusong ako sa baha knina. And the baha naman was feet level only. Naka socks and shoes ako. As in pinasok ng tubig ung shoes and socks ko so inalis ko ung socks ko. Pero pagdating ko sa bahay both my shorts and pants (i was in my school uniform and wear shorts) was wet. Even my underwear was wet (hindi naman maxado). Siguro dahil un sa ulan. Super lakas kasi ng ulan my hangin pa.. Pagdating ko nmn sa bahay i washed my hands, my feet and went to my room. Npansin ko nga na basa ung shorts and underwear ko kaya pmnta aq sa .cr I washed my intimate area. With the same soap I used when I washed my feet. I read sa blog mo na you can get HIV from flood. E pano yun I washed down there with the soap na ginamit ko sa paa ko. 

(Translation: I waded through the flood water which was up to feet level only. I was wearing socks and shoes. Since the water entered, I removed my socks and shoes.But when I came home, both my shorst and pants were were. Even my underwear was wet. Maybe because of the rain which was heavy and the wind was strong. When I came home I washed my hands and feet. I also washed my sensitive areas. With soap, I washed my feet. I read in your blog that you can get HV from flood. But I used the same soap for my sensitive areas and feet.)

Thank you for your time reading this. Sana wala lang ung winoworry ko. 

from:
Cav18

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi Cav18.

Thank you for your email.

From your email, the only possible exposure that you may have was your unprotected sex. Even you are sure that he is "clean", still it is unprotected sex. Even if your partner claimed that he is "negative" without presenting the HIV test to you, still the unprotected sex is a risk since you can get HIV from anybody nowadays. You can't get HIV from scissors, razor bladed or even wading in flood water (I'm so sorry but never have I posted in my blog that you can get HIV from flood water, but you can get other infections from flood water which may compromise your health IF you are ALREADY HIV positive).

If I were you, just take the HIV test to calm your mind. Trust me, by taking the HIV test, it would calm down things that you are thinking.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: