Email 632: To Go to The Hub or Not?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:25 PM

Hi Pozzie,

I just got my confirmatory test and im planning to go ritm alabang soon. But right now i have rashes.. my derma prescribed prednisone, antihistamine, and derma ointments. Btw this derma dont know that im hiv + and im not really sure if i can tell her that because shes my hmo doctor.. so if she knew that im a pozzie my consultation will not be covered by my hmo. So im still undecided whether to tell her or not..

Right now my medication are co-tri 2x a day (as prophylaxis since i havent had my cd4 and vl yet) and my meds for rashes.. so im not really sure if can go to the treatment hub since im taking prednisone im afraid it might alter the result of my test or should i treat my rashes first then go to the treatment hub? Please help me.


Baril


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Baril.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns with me and my readers.

Let me answer your concerns in the reverse order that you asked them.

First, you can definitely go to the hub anytime and the medicines that you are taking won't affect the result of your CD4 count and viral load. The reason for this is that CD4 test just measures the number of T cells expressing CD4, which is an expression of the level of the immune system of a person. The viral load detects the amount or the level of HIV in your blood. Both of these are not affected by the medicines that you are taking.

I recommend that you go to the hub immediately so that you will know your level of immune system. Don't delay it anymore. What if your rashes won't disappear? Would you delay your HIV treatment and compromise your immune system? When you go to the hub, just tell your HIV doctor all the medicines that you are taking so that they can put those in consideration when prescribing your ARV's.

Second, for now, you don't have to tell your dermatologist that you have HIV. However, when you are already taking HIV medications (ARV's), you have to tell all your doctors (including your dentist) that you have HIV especially if they will be prescribing any medications as they might interfere with your ARV's.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: