Email 619: Worried About HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:23 PM

Hi, I don't know where to start or even how to start. I am so anxious and in total depression right now.

Well maybe I should start with my history so that you'll know how to help me.

In 2008 (5 years ago) I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B. My life almost turned out into a total disaster.  I am a graduating nursing student that time and my parents have spent a lot for my education, but my school asked me to quit. My doctors told me that I am immuno-compromised because of the virus I have in my body. Because everything fell into pieces and don't know how to pick them up one by one, I have engaged into an unhealthy  lifestyle (smoking, drinking, unbalanced diet, SEX... I even commit suicide). My doctors gave me Lamivudine for HepB but I only took it for 2 months and then I stopped because we can't afford for my lifetime medication.


Actually what made me decide to look for a support group or even blogs like yours is that I think, I am experiencing some of the signs and symptoms of HIV.

It actually started last year or so, little by little I am feeling tired/fatigued, felt some headache or lethargic. By the way I am asthmatic too. I am so stupid that I still engaged in smoking. I stopped a month ago. I am thinking that these are also symptoms of Hepatitis B and that the viral load in my body had just exacerbated because of the lifestyle I am  
living. I also started to experience dementia and some neurological symptoms.

I don't know what to do. I am the bread winner after my father. At 26, I am actually a student still because I have not finished my college. I am graduating on March next year. I am the only hope of my family, all my siblings are undergraduates because they all got married young.

Is it just an exacerbation of my HepB or am I already experiencing HIV symptoms? I can't afford to lose my life now. My family still needs me.  

What must I do?

HepB Positive

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi HepB Positive.

Thank you for your email. Thank yu for sharing your concerns with us.

You can't help yourself if you won't follow what the doctors tell you to do and won;t continue any medications. If I were you, just get treatment once again. I know there are government hospitals that can help you with medicines for your hepatitis B.

When it comes to HIV, the only way to know if you have it is by taking the HIV test. You can go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and take the FREE HIV test there. Click the link below:


I know you are depressed, but there is no other way but to get treatment. You can't help your family if you yourself won't help yourself.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: