Email 602: Annual Physical Exam and HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:04 PM

Hi pozzie. 

Just found this blog very informative. Just want to ask if the company's Annual physical exam (thru blood test) wud determine if i am positive with hiv. Tinignan ko po kasi yung result ng APE ko last year,wala po nakalagay sa blood test na HIV test. And if ever po ba na HIV positive,matatanggal ako sa trabaho. Sorry po,worried lng ako to loose my job if ever positive ako. Pinag aaral ko pa kasi mga kapatid ko. Hope to hear from you soon. God bless

I

TRANSLATION

Hi Pozzie.

I just found this blog very informative. I just want to ask if the company;s annual physical exam (thru blood test) would determine if I am positive with HIv or not. I looked into the result of my APE last year and it didn't say in the blood test if there was an HIv test done. If ever it would out positive, will I lose my job?I'm sorry, but I am sow owrried to lose my job if ever I turn out to be positive. I am still putting my siblings to school.

Hope to hear from you soon. God bless.

I



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi I.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Here in the Philippines, in the annual physical exam, the HIV test is not part of the blood test. This would only be part if you would voluntary allow yourself to be subjected to the test. It is against the law to draw blood from you and subject it to an HIV screening without your knowledge and without your permission.

Having HIV doesn't equate to you losing your job. It is also against the law to discriminate you based on your HIV status.

However, it seems that you are scared that your blood test might be infected by HIV. From your email it seems that you are scared even to lose your job if they find out. It seems like you know that you might be infected.

Let me give you a good advice brother. Take the HIV test now if you think you have been infected. If you delay it and you get sick, for sure, you will have financial problems later on if you already acquired infections brought about by the weakening immune system brought about by HIV. If you get sick later on, you might end up losing your job because of the frequent hospitalizations and treatment.You are scared to lose your job, but are you not scared about your health? If your health fails you, then you would still lose your job and won't be able to help your siblings.

Please think this over. It is better to be proactive about your health now than regret it later on. If you think you have been exposed then take the HIV test now while you are still healthy. Think of yourself and the siblings who are relying on you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: