Email 584: Needing Advice

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:20 PM

Hi Pozzie,

Last feb I decided to go tested and it went positive, my heart just shattered into pieces and I could not think of anything clear that time. I was only 18 and Im still studying a lot went through my mind, what if I don't get the job that I want when I graduate? What will my parents tell me? Will I still continue studying or get a job and do what I want while Im still well? I went and told my parents about it and they were upset but they were there for me. I broke up with my boyfriend for I was afraid what he would say about me we have not done sex yet so I know he is negative and we were just together for 3 weeks. Until now six months have passed but I admit I have not moved on. I still think about him and whenever somebody approaches me or ask me out I turn them down or ignore them because Im still afraid of what they will think of me when they find out that Im positive. Am I the only one experiencing this? Or am I just being too harsh to myself? I need some advice, Not bragging but Im good looking thats why I catch a lot of attention but something inside tells me that I have to be with somebody thats "the same". Ever since I knew I was positive I never had sex again that is 6 months already. I hope you understand what Im getting across. Really need some advice not just from Pozzie but to all of you readers out there. Thank you!


Yours Truly, 
BottomDancer


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi BottomDancer.

Thank you for your email. 

I know it is hard to accept HIV in all it's entirety. I know you question everything and you feel that the future is pretty vague. I know also that you feel that having HIV means that it would be hard for you to have relationships.

However, life still goes on and let life just surprise you. What is more important for now is for you to improve your self worth and be a successful individual and a productive member of society. Trust me you will attract people with substance when they see you having a fruitful life even with HIV.

If you want to meet pozzie friends, you can join The Red Ribbon group in facebook. It is a private group so just message me under Pozzie Pinoy and request me to add you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: