Email 618: Allergy with Nevirapine

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:53 AM

Hi Pozzie,  my hub treatment at Ritm Alabang. Im starting my ARV 2 weeks ago, first this my commitment in my life. After 1 week taken my ARV ang daming rashes na lumabas sa body almost in my chest, back ; and left and right shoulder very reddess. I went to my doctor, he stopped me to take nevirapine. He prescribed me allergy medicine once a day and night. But till now reddess p rin ung skin ko matatanggal p ba ito? Hope u could answer my inquiries. Thank you.



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

One of the reactions of nevirapine is skin rashes and once they come out during the trial period, the patient will be advised to stop it immediately.

Since you have been prescribed with anti allergy medicines, just wait for the rashes to subside. Just drink more water than usual so you flush out the medicine from your body fast. It will go away  just follow the orders of your doctor.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: